Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 camry, wagon
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day i spun a connecting rod bearing. i have not took apart the engine yet, but i was wondering if i could still sell the head... Its a 5sfe.. so i don't think that the piston could have hit the vales or the head its self... and could i sell the block its selff with the crak saft... .

·
Registered
98 Posts
My camry had an eroded crank bearing and we just rebuilt it. Depending on the value of the car, you should consider a rebuild.

Otherwise, the head may be worth some good money. It will go for more if you can guarantee the valves are good and the surface is smooth.

Good luck,
GT6

·
Registered
95 camry, wagon
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't think that rebilding my engine is the such a good idea... i have 165k on it, and it will take about $1000 to rebuild it... after labor and parts.. i can get an engine with about 60k for 600... i just don't want to throw away a good head, bc i have seen them sell for a lot of money... and i am sure i can get money out of the block its self as long as there is nothing wrong with it.. oh another ? how long do u you think i can drive with it being the way it is.. spun bearing i mean, it does start right up though... thanks a lot for your help...

·
Registered
95 camry, wagon
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If there is anybody that wants the head let me know... i changed the head gasket about 5k miles ago.. so the head should be fine.. but we shall se once its apart.. .

·
Registered
567 Posts
Don't drve it with a spun bearing as you just risk doing more damage to the engine!

Gary

·
JUST RE ENGINEER IT
98 Prizum
2,983 Posts
if you didnt run it after you started hearing the noise the crank and rod might be ok, but if you didnt.............

·
Registered
95 camry, wagon
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol.. don't run it.. i ran about 20miles after it happend... but it stil starts right up.. eventhough i am not running it anymore.. waiting for the new engine to come in...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts