Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need your help guys... i just changed all belts last week... timing, alternator, AC etc... this morning when i get into the car and start to drive it is fine... when i went to make a turn the car just starts squeaking its head off... sounds like its coming from the belts... possible power steering??? anyone has a clue??? i know this is common cause it happened on my mom's corolla but was sold before had to fix it...

·
Registered
90 Posts
You may need to add power steering fluid or maybe the belt is too tight/loose, try spraying some wd-40 on the belt....

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
check the tention on the power steering belt it may be a little loose. also make sure you have enough fluid.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You should check the tension and power steering fluid level as mentioned above but i would not recommend using wd-40 because it can cause the belt to slip and wd-40 glazes the outside causing the inside to wear faster and unless you take a close look the belt will appear fine but it's actually worn, use a belt dressing they're at any automotive retail store for like 2 dollars

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Is it a solid squeak or a pulse? If its a pulsing squeak, its the PS belt... If it is a constant, it is the alternator/AC belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts