Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. as the topic name says, I've SEARCHed about this problem, but didn't find anything comparable to my problem. Here's the situation:

I have a 1992 camry with 62k KILOMETERS on it (think that's about 40k miles) that was used for grocery-getting by grandpa and grandma... And in my house, the parking driveway is kind of bent down (50 feet long, with a 4 feet drop all in all, I'd say..) and whenever I drive out of it (right after starting the engine), going backwards and hitting the brakes very smoothly to let it go backwards slowly, it makes a VERY loud squeak (not sure, but I think it comes from rear driver side).

So, if anyone's knowledge goes as far as understanding this situation, please help, I'd be really happy to solve this problem...

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
My car squeaks ALL the time when Im going 1-15 MPH. And its cyclical. So fuckign annoying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it were coming from the front, it could be your suspension bushings squeaking as the braking forces change your suspension geometry slightly. Happens more as the bushings age and become stiffer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts