Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have a 98 corolla and I have a light squealing sound coming from the right side of the motor(drivers side) its no where near the belt or the chain. I have pinpointed the sound to be what seems to be by the right part of the intake. Below it is the intake hose, TB, and everything but it doesnt seem to come from there, it sounds like the right side of the intake, what could this be? The motor runs fine, gas milage is good, no check engine lights, just annoying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem on my Corolla 2000 Gli (Asian edition), i thought it was the axle boot because my mechanic said it was torn. Had it replaced but still the sound is there. I only get it though when i exceed the speed of 105-110 kmh. I hope someone can enlighten us on this one. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine i can only hear at idle and when I open the hood its louder but not bad, but i pinpointed to around the right side of the intake. WHen I turn the car off I can hear it go off last. I cant hear it while driving, maybe a bit but it doesnt increase as I increase speed. Weird

1 - 3 of 3 Posts