Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Toyota Corolla
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello ...........i know that there are many DIY fo replacing the dash bulbs......and i am going to do it but i have a question,.......all my dash bulbs dont work......temp gauge fuel gage......all the warning lights.......(oil, bAtt, park brake) still work but none of the illumination is there..........did all the bulbs fail at the same time?......is there a fuse that i dont know about that i just need to change?

thanks for watever help i do get

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
There's only 3 peanut bulbs that light up the whole dashboard, one on the left, center and right respectively. Mine burnt out in order too.. :lol: left to right, but I guess it can happen, my headlights were both replaced at the same time and they both burnt out at the same time, so I don't rule it out. Check for any burnt fuses first but I think the fuse controls the whole dash, not just the lights.

·
Registered
1990 Toyota Corolla
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the fuel light and the temp gauge too?.......i just think its a lil weird

·
Vroom?
2003 Audi A4
4,408 Posts
hey buddy how bout we DON'T use my car as your display pic. That wasn't some random pic of a car I found on the net. it was the auto trader pic for MY CAR!

on my sr5 I think there were 3 bulbs just for the speedo. The gts cluster that I got off chris needed bulbs too. no idea how he drove that car lol

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
:lol: I noticed that.. no wonder I kept getting you two confused at one point. :lol:

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
yeah freakingbox.. don't be a hater.. or a biter! :lol: VVVV :p:

(I remember Ichi, Minesh and Shaun doing this before.. :lol: )

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah but mr Ren is too cool for it. :p

Man I feel abd ass. I always go off-topic and thread jack.

·
Vroom?
2003 Audi A4
4,408 Posts
hell if you guys like my sr5 this much you could have told me :) lol. It needs front fenders though. Well I could fix them but god damn easier to get new ones lol.
lol does it matter?
does it matter if we change the subject? we told him what he needs to know :).
and he brought this one upon himself lol

·
Registered
953 Posts
Wanna buy a whole SR5..with suspension and p[ainted bumpers? I'lle ven deliver it for 700 bucks. :p

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
No way dude.. 20% of that car is got my name on it. :p:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Trust me Ren..I'd rtaher aprt it, I don't wanna see anyone else driving my baby. :( But ya never know. Maybe someone will buy the whole thing. As Far as I know the stuff wrong with ti for sure is.

1 Bad Tire
Exhaust Leaks (Tranny or Motor might sound shitty too but I can't hear it over the exhaust leak)

It drives normally Still. I drive it. But I think it'd make a better parts car. I've bastardized alot of the wiring. :(

·
Pow! Right in the Kisser!
476 Posts
Wow a thread just for me i feel so special.

Definatley sounds like a fuse, check the owners manual for which fuse controls the cluster pull it out and check it. Try replacing it with another if thats not the case it could be a pinch power or ground wire somewhere in the cluster. To check that your gonna need a voltmeter and a couple hours :ugh3:.

·
Registered
1990 Toyota Corolla
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
freakenbox........sorry dude ...my bad i have changed it...thanks for the tips though.......Sports illustraterd gurl instead..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts