Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Grey
To be determined....
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So what/how do you use the front pocket on the overhead storage in the SR5? :confused: The salesman said it was for a garage door opener..... Is that what you use it for? Do you put the garage door opener inside and use the push button? Do you put hang the opener from it? :dunno:

It's a slow night on TN...

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
you mean that clear plactic sleeve?

I put my insurance cards in it for easy access when the po po ask me for it...:D That way then can't see what's in the glove box.

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
OHHHHHH.... in the sr5 i don't think they have the temp/comp gauge.... they have a door there as well..... aka "the front pocket"

I don't have one of those since I have the off-road TRD SR5.

·
Super White Taco
2005 Tacoma
817 Posts
I have an SR5 and mine has a flip down panel where the temp/compass is. It has a square button in the center. I have my garage door opener in there with the opener button facing the square button on the panel...push the panel button and the door opens & closes. It should have some small square pegs in that compartment which you can use to shim against the opener if its too thin to make contact with the buttons when the panel is closed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's like noladude says, basically you take the garage door opener, remove the clip if it has one so it can lay flat, put the velcro on its underside. when you place it in, align the button with the button and use the square pegs if it doesn't reach.

·
Grey
To be determined....
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's like noladude says, basically you take the garage door opener, remove the clip if it has one so it can lay flat, put the velcro on its underside. when you place it in, align the button with the button and use the square pegs if it doesn't reach.
I think that'll work. velcro is the key. thanks!

·
Seal Basher
07 Access Cab
109 Posts
I keep a small wallet with registration, insurance, business cards, etc. up there

·
TN User
07 Tacoma Access 4x4
134 Posts
anybody have an idea/mod for the garage door opener pocket? like putting a gps in there, or a cell phone bluetooth (Parrot) control, speaker, etc.

·
Registered
62 Posts
yeah, i want to get rid of that garage door opener and put in the temp/comp gauge. is that possible?

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
yeah, i want to get rid of that garage door opener and put in the temp/comp gauge. is that possible?
I'm not sure if you can just get the temp/compass, but the whole overhead console is like $600. Try the junk yard.

·
Super White Taco
2005 Tacoma
817 Posts
I was thinking about trying to setup a mount for my TomTom in there, but I just haven't had the time or patience to take on that mod yet.

·
Old TN User
'05 Tacoma DC SR5
528 Posts
I think that'll work. velcro is the key. thanks!
When the truck was new there was a piece of velcro in there. Did you buy it new?
I keep my lotto tickets in there. :)

·
Super White Taco
2005 Tacoma
817 Posts
So would it hang down somehow or would you keep having to look up to see it?
I was thinking of mounting the unit inside of the panel that flips down and let it hang in the open position when in use. Then flip it up to closed position when not in use. As for having to look up at it, that's not really an issue since the TomTom I use has text to speech...worst case scenario is I'll need to look up at it briefly once in a while.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts