Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a SR5 gauge cluster that will fit into my 88 pickup. Is there a certain year range that will fit? Or will any year work?

Does anyone have one that they would be willing to part with?

·
TOYsRus
11Tundra Limited TRD
144 Posts
Looking for a SR5 gauge cluster that will fit into my 88 pickup. Is there a certain year range that will fit? Or will any year work?

Does anyone have one that they would be willing to part with?
I am looking also, they are a bit hard to come by... if you do find one, I have a great write up on install, it is just from an other forum..

I know the 89-95 trucks and 4runners are interchangeable... I am not so sure about the 88..

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
84-88 trucks and 84-89 4Runners, 2wd or 4wd.
You also have to get the oil pressure sending unit to go with it.

Reactions: codeman268

·
NY born, Texas raised
705 Posts
There are usually some on ebay, but some people are very proud of them and ask a pretty penny.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know the 89-95 trucks and 4runners are interchangeable...
Didn't Toyota switch to electronic speedo starting about '92??? Mine's a '91, and has mech cable.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
Doesn't matter, he wants one for an 88.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I look occasionally but never find anything. I've PM'ed a few guys on yota tech, so hopefully something will turn up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sure its frowned upon, but is there any way to turn the odometer back? On that one auction it read 290K+ miles and i'm just at 135K. I'm not wanting to turn it back lower than what I have just to what mine is.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've taken everything off all the way down the the cluster bolts but cant get to the plugs in the back to take it off completely. Is there a trick to getting unplugging the cluster?

Also, is the oil sending unit something that I can find at auto zone?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got it all off, boy was that a pain. Going to the auto store to see if I can get an oil pressure sending unit.

·
TOYsRus
11Tundra Limited TRD
144 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmm I've got three problems but I think I've solved one with looking over that thread with yotatech. I can't get the damn cable to seat all the way in but it could be the plastic piece on the outside or the plastic bushing. I'll get to that tomorrow, no biggie.

Second is the oil sending unit, not real sure how to get the origional one off and not alot of room to work with. Hit it with some PB and will try again tomorrow.

And finally the mileage. I have no idea how to change that nor have I found any information on it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts