Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to know.
can the intake manifold, exhaust manifold and the top mount intercooler from an ST205 fit onto the ST185(with little mods). i really like the st205 intake manifold over the st185.

thanks guys

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Yeap... they should line up without mayor problems but I'm not sure about the bolt pattern on the exhaust manifold, some earlier models of the ST185 had a 5 bolt pattern that was latter changed to 6 bolts .

Also you have to remember that the ST205 had an Anti-Lag system inbedded onto the exhaust manifold, so you may have some other problems there.

·
Registered
443 Posts
lcarocha said:
Yeap... they should line up without mayor problems but I'm not sure about the bolt pattern on the exhaust manifold, some earlier models of the ST185 had a 5 bolt pattern that was latter changed to 6 bolts .

Also you have to remember that the ST205 had an Anti-Lag system inbedded onto the exhaust manifold, so you may have some other problems there.
"Anti-Lag" you mean a 5th Cilinder. Direct Fule Injection into the Ehaust?

or sothming else?

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Direct fuel injection into the exhaust. It's dissabled from factory but with some knowledge you can put it to work, same as for the water squirters for the I/C

·
Registered
1 Posts
Short answer no, not with minimal work

The Gen 3 (st205) 3sgte engine uses a 6 bolt manifold which will not work with a gen 2 (185) manifold. Most did not have the anti-lag plumbing. This is limited to the WRC versions only

ST205 Charge cooler uses different diameter outlet piping so you need to use a 205 throttle body->IC adaptor. I suspect you would do well to use a complete 205 throttle body

I'm not entirely certain on inlet manifold. The 205 does not have the TVIS system so you would have to loose that. It would then loose low down torque

It's more common in the UK to perform a complete swap of the 205 top end but then you get some ECU issues to deal with instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts