Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got a rear end from a friends recked ST185 GT 4. I have a 6th gen St204 which I want to make AWD. will his rear end work or not. please some help!!!!

·
Immortal
332 Posts
Yes with custom work... meaning cutting, drilling, grinding, welding... etc. If you can't do any of that, don't waste your time. It's not a bolt-on sort of deal...

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
You'll need the AWD tranny and drive shaft also. Also if you not gonna go turbo, don't bother. Then don't bother anyway cause you can sell your's and buy an AWD for much less. Non-AWD chassis are not strong enough to take the torque from the AWD and turbo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I could sell mine but I have a 25th annv celica, so no dice and I want to make it AWD, so I guess I will have to find a ST205 rear end. thanks for the help!!!

·
Immortal
332 Posts
initialdrive said:
I wish I could sell mine but I have a 25th annv celica, so no dice and I want to make it AWD, so I guess I will have to find a ST205 rear end. thanks for the help!!!
Even the ST205 Rear-end will require all of the above mentioned. The trunk pans between the ST205 and the FWD A/ST20x Celicas are very different with different fuel tanks and everything...

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Just drop in the turbo. Don't do AWD. Your car will be in the shop for months and they gotta be really good to pull it off. When ever you cut and weld the frame, it'll twist. Also they need to weld extra support and braces to stiffen up the body. Which mean a complete strip down to the shell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts