Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey;
I have just recently installed a st205 engine into my 91 celica gt. The car isn't running yet, haven't installed the mr2 trans yet still waiting for rebuild cams and turbo. And was wondering that what kind of fuel do I use for the motor? I hear that st205 don't use the fuels from america, is that true or just a rumor?

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Depends on where the car came from and if your are still using the OEM ECU, if its from Europe then it should work on 95 or closer if it's a JDM engine then expect to spende a bundle on octane booster because that sucker won't stop pinging unless it's fed with 101 Octane fuel

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey...let me know how it works out for ya.....i recently bought an st205 engine and need enough info and precautions....i'm not ready to put it in yet since winter's just around the corner.

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
It would work but the engine is prone to ping under subnormal conditions, I guess you would have to play with the timing or get an AFC to play with fuel/air delivery.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to change the oil to but what kind of oil do I use?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Toy-Yoda;
I think it is wise building during winter (only if you got a second car for winter) because swaping would take approx. 3 months or last if you work carefully. By then winter is almost over and your swap should be almost done to.

I begin mine on July, and now it is october. It's almost done with to, I have to put in a trans, change the oil and add some fuel then I am good to go.

Money comes a long as you build it up because after I bought mine I started taking my old motor out. Then once that was over I began swaping in my new motor. You will get enough money to finish the swap in couple months, unless you got a lot of money then you can do the swap in last then 3 weeks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
there lies my problem, i don't have a secondary car to use. at least once its march, i don't have to rely on my car to get to places. Windsor isn't a big place to get lost....:D

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
I run 91 Octane on my jap spec 3sgte... seems to work okay. You can do a water/alcohol injection setup if you are worried about the gas quality though. I plan on doing it... but more for cooling reasons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts