Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Always on the Warpath--->
'03 Matrix XRS
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need assistance in installing a german engineered stage III performance module. I had a ? on sensors that i posted earlier.

·
'03 Matrix XRS
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it advances the timing. I saw that someone else had one on cardomain.com and i e-mailed him to see how he installed it. I don't want to take the risk of doing it myself. I did the intake on my own car and that's about it. Just something that a professional w/ electric engineering should handle i think.

·
Registered
183 Posts
pretty fancy name for an "ebay" resistor. I hope you didn't spend a lot for it because the radio shack has those things all day long for 49 cents. All it does is fool the computer into thinking the air temp is cooler than what it is and in turn advances the timing to a "cold outside airtemp setting"...what you get is maybe a little bit more power and a lot more fuel usage.

·
'03 Matrix XRS
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i just cracked that thing open and it's a couple of wires soldered to a resistor. Lame-o, uh don't get this thing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
xrs22 said:
yeah, i just cracked that thing open and it's a couple of wires soldered to a resistor. Lame-o, uh don't get this thing.
So how much $$$ did you wasted? if you want performance, check out the turbonator ;) .

·
Registered
Toyota Matrix XRS
81 Posts
be careful it voids warrenty. i have one but never put it in because the damn directions were universal and i would have to unplug other stuff just for it to go in and i didnt want to mess anything up.

·
'03 Matrix XRS
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't even know where it is anymore, yeah it was a waste. How's the new motor commin' along?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts