Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
sounds real enough....

I occasionally 'breakcheck' people that tailgate me.

ONLY when they are so close that i could reach out and touch their bumper, its just unsafe.

sounds real and i wouldn't put it past people.

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,126 Posts
These are all very real. I saw a video on this stuff when I was in drivers education back in the 1990s. The key: Drive defensively- not only to prevent becoming a victim to the "fake" accidents listed, but also because the real idiots on the road- who don't cause accidents for profit- are 10x more dangerous.

Knowing your surroundings is common sense... which unfortunately isn't so common anymore.

·
11,501 Posts
I have heard about this. There have also been instances where the folks in the cars involved in this scheme have been seriously hurt and/or killed.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,986 Posts
These are all very real. I saw a video on this stuff when I was in drivers education back in the 1990s. The key: Drive defensively- not only to prevent becoming a victim to the "fake" accidents listed, but also because the real idiots on the road- who don't cause accidents for profit- are 10x more dangerous.

Knowing your surroundings is common sense... which unfortunately isn't so common anymore.

especially now with cell phones and ipods and more distractions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts