Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Camry SE
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive tried lookin around online tryin to understand it. But i think i figured it out. Does it mean that the rear tires stick out further than the front tires??? or atleast wider than the front tires?

·
Under Reconstruction
4,349 Posts
Staggered means the rear wheels are wider than the ones on the front. You're going to create more undsteer in your car. For FWD application the wider wheels should be upfront. This allows increase grip at the front and allow more rotation of the rear since FWD cars have horrible understeer already. RWD cars run a staggered setup to inhibit oversteer. If you are going to run staggered on a FWD car, you are not going to be able to turn well at all, especially if your driving wheels have a smaller contact patch than your rear wheels.

·
The Naive Voice of Reason
2006 Lexus ES330
2,083 Posts
^You know wheels huh? lol.

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
Epsilon said:
Only alittle. :D
You are so modest. Every post you had on this forum has been very informative and knowledgeable. :respect:

·
Under Reconstruction
4,349 Posts
lammydi said:
You are so modest. Every post you had on this forum has been very informative and knowledgeable. :respect:
Thanks again for the compliment. I really do try my best. I know we all gotta start somewhere.

·
FLIP'N THE G-5 WHIP
2005 Black Camry
895 Posts
try placing 225 tires on the front and 205 tires on the back...lol...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts