Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
https://www.toyota.com/configurator/build/step/model/year/2020/series/camry/model/2549

First thing I noticed is the XSE V6 front bumper is matte black with no grey while the XSE 4cyl bumper is gloss black with the grey? Maybe the picture isn't updated or it is gloss black. Not sure.

I went through the specs between the 2019 and 2020 XSE V6 and these the differences I found.

No smoked tinted headlights and tail lights.
Ventilated Seats - only with navigation upgrade package, XSE, XLE and XLE Hybrid.
No scout gps. (doesn't mention it at all)
Android Auto, all trims.
Service Connect 10 years trial. (2019 is 3 year trial)
*Service Connect delivers information about maintenance to you and your dealer using the data transmission in your vehicle.
Remote Connect 1 year trial (2019 6-month trial)
Automatic engine shut off. Engine will shut off after an hour if left in park.

Three USB ports standard LE, SE, XLE, XSE, TRD. One under the radio (1.5a), two in the console (2.1a).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Already eyed the TRD, the lower skirts, trunk spoiler/fin, and flat black wheels just do not look good IMHO

6cyl. exhaust, and interior are great though

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just not digging those wheels and the limited color options having only black available as the single tone and then the dual tones which are an extra 1k...I wonder if these TRD's can be had for 5-7k off MSRP. That'd be pretty sweet!

·
South of the north pole
110 Posts

So you get the base features of an SE with the convenience package, with TRD trims, better suspension, exhaust and brakes. You gainl about 90+ HP for about US$ 2000 over an XSE 4cyl but loose the fold down rear seat (due to rear bracing), don't get the improved infotainment and driver assists features of the XSE. Not a bad deal overall if just looking at power. I've known people spend way more than that on upgrading their current low end cars, to get even less HP.

Having had Lexus versions of the 3.5l V6 engine, they are not the most frugal engines for consumption, but perhaps, they've improved that a bit. They did add auto engine shut off/start up, so that improve mileage for during idling cycle, and "save" the fogeys that leave the car running in the garage.

·
straight cash homie
18,842 Posts
But the Avalon TRD would cost about 10k more lol. I'd be satisfied with the Camry TRD as it's the cheapest way to get the V6. Although I do like the interior of the Avalon much more.
No one is paying MSRP on any Toyota sedan, so the price spread might be less than you think. I would think there are even better deals to have on an Avalon since they tend to sit on lots longer than Camry.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not a fan of the automatic shut off engine feature. But this TRD tail looks like batman lol.
Pretty sure the engine shut off feature is the safety feature that after X minutes of car idling in Park it will shut off automatically, in case you forgot to shut off your car in the garage. Not the engine start&stop feature you are thinking.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts