Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I have been driving my truck everyday for about 2 years with no problems. But this afternoon it was about 90 degrees (if that even matters) and i was going up river with some friends and my truck wouldnt start. the starter would turn over and everything but the motor wouldnt sound like it was even turning over to start. i dont know wether it was the battery or the starter.
anything will help im dead in the water. thanks.
-Ray

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I got under the truck and checked it out and there is a lot of oil that has leaked out from somewhere unknown and the wire coming out from the bottom of my starter was drenched in oil. I cleaned it off but still nothing. I think the oil fouled the wire but not sure. Let me know what you think. thanks.
-Ray

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had friend come over and he is really good with engines, He checked the spark and it is getting spark. The engine is turning over because all of the belts are turning, the timing chain isnt broke. But it sounds really funny when you try to start it and it wont bump start. WTF!!!!!!!! Please help.
-Ray

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ok, try these ..
1. Turn on your lights, headlights, everything. Then try to start the engine, if the lights does'nt dim, then the connection to the starter is at fault:
get a multi tester, put it in 12vdc, place it to a ground and to a small wire connected to the starter( solonoid switch)(not to the big wires) have an assitant start the engine, if you can measure that there is a 12vdc in your multimeter then there might be a problem with your starter-solonoid switch - detach your starter from the engine then bring it to an electrical repair shop!

Rey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts