Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been having to keep the key turned for longer sometimes to get the engine to turn when doing cold starts now, and its makin me a little bit worried. what should i check on?

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Now is it trying to turn over when you turn the key? Or is it making odd noises when you do it?

If it is that you have to turn the key for longer, it could be a number of things. Your timing could be off, you could have a compression leak, etc

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the nose that cars normally make to start, it just makes that noise for a second longer then usual, so yes, i do have to keep the key turned for longer to start the engine

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just a little bit of gas, not like flooring it right? as if i was revving up to 1200rpm in neutral?

by the way im kinda thinkin this might be just cause the car hasnt been used in a while. its been sitting in my driveway with no lisence plates on for a few months and hasnt really been run other than me testing the new intake. i just put plates back onto it and started driving it like 3 days ago. i think the rough starts are starting to go away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts