Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,
I recently bought a Camry 2002 SE V6 (Yes I love it!).

My previous car was a Camry 98 4 cyl. Teh 4 cyl woudl start almost instatly upon cranking. Teh V6 however, seems to require more "time" before motor starts.
Is this something that woudl be comparatively normal?
The V6 requires aboout 1.5 to 2 seconds to get started while the 4 usually kicked in right away.
Any experience here woudl be appreciated.
thanks!

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
lgmab said:
Hello ,

My previous car was a Camry 98 4 cyl. Teh 4 cyl woudl start almost instatly upon cranking. Teh V6 however, seems to require more "time" before motor starts.
The V6 requires aboout 1.5 to 2 seconds to get started while the 4 usually kicked in right away.
thanks!
Well it all depends. For me, cold starts take 2 seconds while warm starts typically just start right up.

i wouldnt worry about it unless you feel its cranking way too many times before it is able to start or if it has some real trouble starting. If you notice a time increase over time you may want to get it checked out. Otherwise you're all good.

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
Yeah at cold start, mine typically takes a few seconds...it's nothing to worry about. When hot, it fires up pretty much straight away. Even if it took a little longer, unless it took AGES for it to get going (like...5-10secs) or fires and stalls etc, then theres nothing to worry about.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
check you battery as well

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
lgmab said:
Hello ,

thanks!

my 99 v6 takes a few seconds longer to crank when the engine is cold and the weather is cold

my 93 i4, 250k miles, start right up as soon as i step on clutch and turn the key, even if the engine is cold and outside temperature is below freezing, my i4 battery looks smaller than the v6 too.

·
drunken member
4 Gen Camry
133 Posts
mine sometimes misfires for a few revolutions when tring to start, happens on random occasions.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,848 Posts
Turn the key to the "on" position for a couple seconds before going to the "start" position. This get the fuel pressure up. Check it out - it should help.

-Charlie

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
Do the newer Camry's work like that now?
As far as the old AFM ones go, that wont work, as the FP is triggered by the AFM signal on Start.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,848 Posts
JetspeedCamry said:
Do the newer Camry's work like that now?
As far as the old AFM ones go, that wont work, as the FP is triggered by the AFM signal on Start.
Correcto. Only the 'newer' cars will work this way... IE, any built after '91. :lol:

-Charlie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts