Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been raining where I live the past few days. Today I couldn't start the van like it had a dead battery. (battery light was bright green) I jump started it and proceeded down the street. The gauges would bounce on and off in conjunction with the dash lights and the radio turning off. More so on acceleration. After about 30 mins it stopped. I went to the store cut it off. Attempted to start and just got a buzzing type sound like with a dead battery. Two people tried to jump start it and couldn't get further than one or two crank rotations. Got my truck, bigger battery and jumped it turniong it on. The gauges didn't bounce anymore but the taction/stability and engine lights now stay steady. I hooked it up to 10 amp charges for five hours and still won't start only a rapid clicking from the driver side dash (guessing thats the starter relay). Some water had been noted on teh door from where the window was not fully up but it dosn't appear that much water came in the van. Any help would be appreciated. NOOB

2006 Sienna 2wd V6 - 40k

·
Registered
2000 Avalon
142 Posts
I am not a mechanic, but along with my 2000 Avalon I had a 2000 Grand Caravan with 146K. One day the gauges all went hay wire and I stalled out. I could not get it started and had it towed home. To make a long story short, I could not start it because their was no spark. The van had an ignition coil pack and the #1 cyl had a melted boot at the point it went into coil pack.I replaced the coil pack and after running a short bit it stalled again. This time fuse #17 had blown. Somewhere probably the heated o2 sensor which was grounded to the frame some big drain was going on. Your sienna is relatively new, but it sounds like you got a bad ground or some electrical problem that may be shutting down the engine relay. Check your fuses for any that may have blown. Maybe your starter has a bad ground. Let us know what you learn. Electrical problems are a real pain. :headbang:Let it dry out, put in a different (borrowed) battery,and try starting it after the rain stops. If you get it started, get it to a scanner, and see what DTC were in memory. They are good clues, so bear with the check engine light.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts