Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a 1994 5sfe camry, just a couple of days ago early in the morning I tried to start the car up. When I turned the key nothing happened, the clock dimed out but there was no crank or anything. Tried it for like 3-5 times finally it came on like nothing was wrong. Then today I started up the car it started right away, after a couple of minutes I drove to the gate turn off the car and open it came back tried to start the car....it wouldn't start until after 4 tries of cranking it. Something is wrong, but I've checked the plugs seems to be firing, recently replaced the rotor and distributor cap. But I am looking into the battery.

Any advice is appreciated,
Calvin

·
Registered
750 Posts
If it starts strongly, when it starts, check your battery and starter
connections.

If it turns weakly, the battery is probably gone. Make sure to check the alternator as well.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well when it does start, it starts up fine and strong....but just these last couple of days it seemed not to be able to crank...I could not hear the starter crank or anything........but I will check the alternator and battery because it seems to be the source of the problem...

Thanks though,
Calvin

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the exact same thing happening with my 95 LE V6. Sometimes when i turn the key either nothing will happen or the starter will crank about 1/4 turn then stop. Then when i turn the key off and then try again it will fire up at full speed. Seems to happen most when the car is cold and usually wont do it again when the car is warm. My battery is a few months old, new battery clamps (OEM Toyota), holds a full charge, and the car has 125k mi on it. I think the starter motor is on its way out. How hard is it to get to all of the bolts and replace it on a 95 V6?

-j

·
Registered
50 Posts
Starter Solenoid Contacts

This May Be Your Problem

I Simply Replaced The Worn Contacts On My '97 V6 LE, Starting Problem Gone...

-Try A Search

Hope This Helps ...Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts