Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 toyota with a re built motor with several mods made to it. nothing to crazy a comp cam ported and matched head, lc engineering headers, hiflow cat, magnaflow muffler, hotshot cold air intake and an aluminum LC eng. fly wheel along with one of there clutch kits. was running fine the last few months and put about 6000 miles on it so far. now having starting probs it starts when it feels like it already put 2 new starters. ( rebuilts) would I be better off using a new genuine toyota starter? I have been told its a bad ground but I hate to think the guy who worked on it would not have checked that! also has a new relay switch battery is a new optima redtop all the power is fine just get a clicking noise and hear the fuel ingecting. sometiems gets a little flooded after several attepts to start. also clutch switch has been disconected since forever. any tips? its going in to be looked at by a different guy tommorow if it starts in the morning haha.

·
King Dingaling
77 scottsdale 4X4
129 Posts
when my truck was doing that same thing I found it was a loose connection to the positive terminal of my battery, (this is after I bought a new battery and starter) but with the loose connection the starter couldnt get enough power for it to turn , it just clicked, I could push start it just fine and everything else worked just no starter.

so I'd start with checking the battery and make sure the connections are good and secure (no corrosion etc.) make sure the wires and connections to the starter are all in good shape, then check the alternator wires and connections. after that.....?

well, hope my 2 cents helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.