Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 92 Corolla DX wagon w/ auto transmission and I have some problems that im thinking you all will know how to fix them.

1. Speedometer doesn't work, in turn cruise doesn't work.
2. Battery drain when sitting (I know disconnect fuses till it stops im looking to see if there is a common problem)
3. Question and problem... Car acts as if it needs to shift when cruising on highway...high revs. Does this car have a 4 speed tranny? If so it seems to only shift thru 3 gears.
4. Poor gas mileage (Possibly related to problem 3)?
5. Very ugly..lol

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
if the AT cable is the same 2 piece design as the 5 speed.... the lower piece always breaks.... simple to replace and cheap even from a dealership.

·
iAzn
1988 toyo Corolla DX
1,492 Posts
Yea, the speedometer cable from the tranny went out on mine before. Just change it if its ripped.

As for your transmission, when my corolla was an auto you wouldn't feel when it shifts to last gear as much. SO I assume it was a 4spd auto. Anyways, I think you should be able to adjust the shift cable that goes from the tranny to the throttle. That should solve your early or late shifts by adjusting it.

About #3, what speeds are you talking about? My engine didn't get LOUD loud until 90MPH. But then, your exhaust stuff may sound like it's over-revving and what not....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts