Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Old Man Tacoma
2008 Tacoma DC LB
130 Posts
Want to add that FitzMall has the best website in the region for online shopping. Several others suck, including Apple Valley.

·
Old Man Tacoma
2008 Tacoma DC LB
130 Posts
And so I turned around and bought a new Avalon from Younger on the 23rd. It was "new" but had 6,800 miles on it from being a managers demo. I got it for 1,714 under invoice, 5K something under MSRP. They even gave me a fair price for my 05 Avalon in trade.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another bad Antwerpen experience, this time on the service side....

just back from a service visit to this place. when i called to make the appointment they told me the job would be around 500, wound up costing me 800. first they jacked up the price on the parts, then they charged me 400 labor when it was originally going to be 250 (i thought these were all on some sort of schedule out of a computer); then they have the nerve to charge almost 50 bucks for shop supplies when all they were doing was replacing a lock cylinder!

for a company that's in such big trouble, you'd think they'd want to keep good customer relations, guess not. then again, someone's got to pay for all those mea culpa ads and class action lawsuit settlements they're going to be facing, i guess.

·
Registered
2010 Toyaota Venza
9 Posts
I had a really good experiance with the salesman at my dealer Darcars Toyota in Silver Spring, but that may have to do with the fact that i work in the service department. but i have to say that my experience was very good as compared to privious places i have purchased vehicles.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i went with my parents to buy 2 cars, a brand new 2009 matrix and 09 rav4 a while back, at the Darcars Toyota in Silver Spring, great service we had the same rep. both times...answered all of our questions and he was very nice. Also spoke with the manager of that dealership who was very courteous and was able to give us a good deal on our trade-ins. I will be going to that same dealership next year to pick up my new camry

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
I had a really good experiance with the salesman at my dealer Darcars Toyota in Silver Spring, but that may have to do with the fact that i work in the service department.
Ya think :rolleyes:

A pissed off employee isn't going to help anyone's reputation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sales department personifies the worse in offensive, aggressive behavior. Never ever give your personal information (phone number, e-mail, etc.) to them. You will be on their list for years and years, as salesmen come and go. And they ignore their "opt out".

·
Registered
06 Avalon Ltd/no nav
211 Posts
You pretty much have to tell them in person or in their work email or leave a voicemail on their work number. Its easier now with the new tech tho these days. Most opt-outs have worked for me, at least within the last 2yrs.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well I know this thread hasnt seen a post in a while but figured I would add my Toyota of Bowie experience.

The long story. I am price shopping 2016 toyotas and got a recommendation from a friend to go to toyota of bowie.

I sit down with Internet Manager and show him the prices I have received from area dealerships. One area dealer included destiantion in their price, and I did my own math to add the destination to second dealer qoute.

Internet manager spends some time looking for my color on a "transfer", he comes back and gives me a sheet which beats both prices by about 100$. He then also says, "look, i have a 2017 'on the lot' and I dont have to mess with a transfer, if you give me a thousand bucks more (it was actually 1155$ more) you can buy a year newer".

I said ok and made sure this was the price WITH destination (lets call it 21000$ to put a number on it, though this was not the number).

So we agreed and shook hands, I told him as he presented the price that I also qualified for an additional 1000$ military discount. and I MADE SURE to tell them AFTER we negotiated the sale price. The discount has nothing to do with them, it is offered by toyota.

Anyways he was completely fine with it.

He left for the night and my salesman stayed and Sales manager stayed.

After going through all the BS, and running my credit, I walk into a room with a very attractive woman who proceeded to try and sell me thousands of dollars worth of crap i didnt want like paint and cloth protection, underbody coating, remote starter, alarm, etc...

She seemed upset that I didnt bite at the bait and kept asking if the price was the problem and that they could work on the pricing.. I told her in the most polite that she was wasting her time on me and I was buying a base model camry with no options to keep costs down and rack up a ton of miles on. She seem displeased and closed her trapper keeper from 1995 with tired pictures of the crap they were trying to sell.

We went to the finance office and the finance guy went outside and came back with a price that was exactly 1000$ over what we agreed. I kept my composure but told him "no this is not the price", he told me it was and that rebates make the final number weird etc... I pulled a business card from my pocket that I had scribbled the price on which clearly read "21000, includes dest fee, +tax, +title, +tags, + doc fee), he looked and said, 'oh you are right, let me see whats going on".

Before I knew what was happening the scumbag sales manager who ran my credit comes in and says, "oh no, we cant sell this car for this amount, this is a loser, I cant take this kind of loss, thank you for coming in to see but we wont sell this car".

I flipped my shit, I didnt even care about the car, I was pissed for them keeping me there until 1015PM jerking me around.

Sales manager proceeded to tell me that the price I got was without destination charge, to which i told him the new price was exactly 1000$ more and last I checked, freight was only 835$.. then he told me this was with the .mil rebate, and I just told him he was a liar and got up and started to walk out.

Sales manager proceeds to tell me that they didnt even charge me 695$ for the appearance package (pin stripes and door edge guards). I laughed, and told him if they are charging anyone for that BS then they are crooks.

We had a few more choice words and basically it was me calling him a liar, up until the point i was leaving and then he started calling me a liar saying that the prices I received that the dealers would not honor them.

I tried to explain to him that I came in for a 2016, NOT a 2017 and that his guys offered me the "too good to be true" price on a 2017. I only wanted the 2016 but at that point no way i was buying from this piece of dirt).

Anyways I finally left, went out the next day, got the same price from another dealer (2016 model), no bullshit, no games, and took delivery the day after.

The salesman from Toyota of Bowie has called me twice since then tell me that the general MGR reviewed my deal and they want to make it work etc... (all BS im sure).

Anyways Im not sure exactly what happened, either
1:the internet manager gave me too good of a price on a 2017 model, and the sales manager didnt like it.
2:the sales manager though i was going to buy 2800$ in BS dealer addons.
3:they always intended to tack on 1000$ regardless.

Whatever the case, these scumbags give scumbags a bad name.

·
Registered
06 Avalon Ltd/no nav
211 Posts
Enjoyed the read. U just gave me more confirmation that I did right by not giving in to these pushy and BS salesmen. I know all are not bad but still.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You have to learn to do the "dealer dance". Do all your research online ,come up with the price you are willing to pay "out the door". Car,taxes,tags,freight,everything. Go online with your price to several dealers. they will either call or e-mail you back with a price or some BS,you'll get a lot of BS online or face to face.

Should you find a dealer that will match your price ,go there explain in no uncertain terms it's the Out The Door Price you want. If you get the salesman , manager shuffle ,just stand up and leave. Odds are that you will be stopped before you reach the door and maybe real talks will begin. Let them know you don't want your time or theirs wasted by the negotiations that should not be happening as a price was agreed to prior to your arrival. Also the end of the month is a good time to buy as they have sales quotas to meet.

You have to look out for yourself as they will try to get every penny they can----it's their job to do so.

Make sure to read the sales contract to insure all the stuff you want is on it before signing!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sorry man ive purchased from a dozen dealerships and visited probably 3 times that many..

Toyota of Bowie is the worst.. once they realized i negotiated them too low.. then they changed the price last minute to get me to back out of the deal.. i will never recommend this dump to anyone.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts