Toyota Nation Forum banner

stealth fading paint?

794 5
What's this business about the stealth fading paint? Apparently cop's photoradar gun cannot detect you??
hmmmm....:confused:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
My instructor told me about a thirty thousand dollar paint job used on the giant twin rotor Chinook army helicopter that absorbs radar signals, i got to see a Chinook personally when my instructor (an ex chinook pilot himself) had one flown in to the school, and we got to see it up close, the paint was VERY thick and had chunks of this weird material on it...

but really i dont know how or where you could get that on cars, its probably illegal, you might wanna check state laws for that bit :p

Also, when the chinook was at the school, some idiot tag lamer scractched the crap out of the side with a key :/

Haters suck :/

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
5,826 Posts
There is NO SUCH thing as a STEALTH car! Theres no need.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think you need a good radar scrambler, or at least a good radar detector, which still, some are illegal in some states, again check with your local law enforcement about your standing device laws, its always a good idea to check ahead, no?

Also, a funny story about a really sweet radar detector.

Me, my brother, sister and her husband were all travelling to Houston, Texas, taking 77north (i cant remember where exactly we were) but anyway, we were in a NICE durango that belonged to my sisters husband, and he had a brand new radar detector, that worked surprisingly well, we were driving, and there was a white jeep cherokee behind us, wanting to pass, and we were already travelling around 70-80 mph, in order to pass us, right then, before the cherokee was going to pass, the R.D. suddenly went CRAZY, flashing lights loud noises, the works, and strangely, we couldnt see anything for over a mile ahead, totally confused, we looked around and just shrugged, and suddenly the cherokee came up to pass us, we went NUTS trying to wave to him and flag him to slow down, but he just hauled ass up to 90 probably, and passed us up and kept going pretty quickly.

A few minutes later, we see him on the side of the road, with a Texas State Trooper car parked behind him...

*shrug*

We tried to warn the dude :p

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
dont do stuff like that in texas dude, especially not when its dark... he could pull a legally owned supressed mac-10 and shoot you because he felt threaten and couldnt see if you had a gun or not.
And you dont need a stealth car, you just need a really really fast car

Quick question, just like that to people who live in texas: where do you go pee when you just came out of the bar at 3 am , pissed drunk, and you need to pee REALLY bad and you're outiside? if you step on somebodys property, hes legally entitled to shoot you dead?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.