Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey man, I've done some stupid stuff but this takes the cake. If one of these breaks while highway driving you WILL crash.

You can full an entire rear suspension from a junkyard in an hour and not endanger everyone who rides in your car or around it.

There is no way you can safely unbend that and then use it for anything but a golf club.
unfortunatly sir, we often do what we have to In Order to survive. In this case, I recently left the state for 2 weeks to wrap up the affairs of my sole remaining family (grandfather) when he died. I arrived home to discover EVERY single thing I owned had been stolen. The theievs even left a mess in the yard, prompting $3k in citations, and the landlord had filed for eviction for the citations. I was lucky In That (with no help from the cops) I found this car in a tow yard 60 miles away. State Farm got my car back and promptly dropped my coverage. I found myself with nothing, no one, and a stripped out camry to live in. State Farm has made filing renters insurance impossible given the virus.

that said, I’ve spent hundreds of hours keeping my home driveable as I try to recover from this.and this is Alabama.... there are no friends worth having here, so I’m completely on my own when it comes to repairing this thing with zero money. This damage appears to be from the tow yard, but getting them to fix it is a pipe dream, so I must find alternative methods else I’ll literally be living in a cardboard box.

it has nothing to do with being stupid, but everything to do with inquiring after a way to do this I can afford, that won’t kill me. And if it DOESNT get done, ill be on the street, And likely be dead before long anyway.

And if this is the dumbest thing you’ve ever seen, you live in a very isolated world.

PS- I may be receiving a “crash” course in automotive repair, but before all this, I designed supersonic aircraft and was doing quite well for myself. And rest assured, I don’t give people rides. Not since nobody called the cops when a white van was backing up to my house for a week, but called em for the mess they left to get me citations.

·
Registered
426 Posts
unfortunatly sir, we often do what we have to In Order to survive. In this case, I recently left the state for 2 weeks to wrap up the affairs of my sole remaining family (grandfather) when he died. I arrived home to discover EVERY single thing I owned had been stolen. The theievs even left a mess in the yard, prompting $3k in citations, and the landlord had filed for eviction for the citations. I was lucky In That (with no help from the cops) I found this car in a tow yard 60 miles away. State Farm got my car back and promptly dropped my coverage. I found myself with nothing, no one, and a stripped out camry to live in. State Farm has made filing renters insurance impossible given the virus.

that said, I’ve spent hundreds of hours keeping my home driveable as I try to recover from this.and this is Alabama.... there are no friends worth having here, so I’m completely on my own when it comes to repairing this thing with zero money. This damage appears to be from the tow yard, but getting them to fix it is a pipe dream, so I must find alternative methods else I’ll literally be living in a cardboard box.

it has nothing to do with being stupid, but everything to do with inquiring after a way to do this I can afford, that won’t kill me. And if it DOESNT get done, ill be on the street, And likely be dead before long anyway.

And if this is the dumbest thing you’ve ever seen, you live in a very isolated world.

PS- I may be receiving a “crash” course in automotive repair, but before all this, I designed supersonic aircraft and was doing quite well for myself. And rest assured, I don’t give people rides. Not since nobody called the cops when a white van was backing up to my house for a week, but called em for the mess they left to get me citations.
He never said it was the dumbest thing he's ever seen. He said he's done stupid stuff but this is dumber.

You designed supersonic aircraft but don't know about metal fatigue? Interesting.

Your cheapest option is to go to the junk yard and pull a pair off yourself. No matter what, you're going to need an alignment. That alignment will cost more than the parts and your time.

Reactions: insightbrewery

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Actually, we were planning to try re-tempering. And went in depth about the successes of that.

Aside from that, Inspector, I was more concerned with the kind of loads placed upon that part, and how a bend of 1” would effect the overall integrity of the part. If I can’t use this one, I’m effectively screwed. That... or I find another camry somewhere and get felonious.

So rather than invest 20 hours reaching an answer from stories that begin with “I heard tell...”, it seemed more efficient to ask on here if anyone else had done it themselves in a similar situation, and concentrate my time on things like a new SSC, birth cirtificate, and ID. Or what I’m gonna eat today.

and spare me the semantics. I’m sure your boyfriend can speak up for himself... as that’s what got him there in the first place.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Please, go rebend the part and put a temper on it. I'll read your obituary in the paper and laugh.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Please, go rebend the part and put a temper on it. I'll read your obituary in the paper and laugh.
Sooo.... you troll the web looking for people in bad situations to screw with...knowing they’re not able to do much about it. And then wish upon them death and disaster.... because it entertains you?

I’m homeless... but I’ve still got more of a life than you. God I hope you don’t have children.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sooo.... you troll the web looking for people in bad situations to screw with...knowing they’re not able to do much about it. And then wish upon them death and disaster.... because it entertains you?

I’m homeless... but I’ve still got more of a life than you. God I hope you don’t have children.
No, I try to help people. But when someone who claims to have built planes doesn't understand basic metallurgy and wants to risk killing themselves by ignoring people, not just me, telling him that it's a terrible idea, I just sit back and grab some popcorn.

For a homeless person I find it odd that you have a porch and neighbors:

They don’t listen anyway, only yell at people. Hmmmmm, maybe that’s why.....

true story: my neighbors moved in across the street and the first Sunday they were there, decided to have a bass contest at 7am with their box chevys. Using a song called “f*** that white girl”, as far as I could tell. Wife was pissed, and kids were in tears. I live in a city that wouldn’t send the cops if I’d have called them... so Ihandled it.

I rolled 3 sets of Cerwin Vega VS-150’s out onto the porch facing their way. Each speaker had its own 15” sub, midrange, and tweeter. Each set was powered by a 300w x2 QSC power amp, backed with all Yamaha components. I heard one say “what the f*** is this white boy do-“ just before the sound wave of Black Sabbath hit them.

they don’t do that shit anymore.
This post is from 24 days ago. Stop trying to act like you are living in a terrible situation. For someone who claims to have had all of their stuff stolen, you sure do have some nice stuff you've gotten real quick since then.

So you go on forums and try to get people to feel bad for you? What a loser.

Reactions: Camreeeee
21 - 27 of 27 Posts