Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2010 Corolla S
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
steering inquiry..i'll try my best to explain

when we turn the vehicle to the left or right..how many of you actually let go of the steering wheel awaiting the steering wheel to go onto the straight position (mind you while keeping control of the steering wheel without turning into the wrong direction)..does your steering wheel apparently get "stuck" or it completes the turn

i'm tryin to get a video on this

heres my case scenario: i was in an empty parking lot turn the steering wheel to a certain direction left or right..slightly press the gas and let the vehicle turn..the steering wheel turns but slightly gets stuck (doesnt complete the turn) causing the vehicle to be in a "crooked position" while steering wheel also looks crooked

a buddy of mine is going thru this issue on his corolla toyota service cannot replicate the issue and i examined my vehicle and it does the same exact thing my friend described..

i am trying to see how to better explain myself but this is the info i got to date

feedback is appreciated..and please if you going to leave smart *** comments please don't waste your time insulting..thanks!

· Diehard Rams Fan
23 GR Corolla, 09 Corolla S Turbo 5MT, 17 Corolla iM 6MT, 89 MR2 SC, 06 Scion xB, 17 RAV4, 10 Prius
23,709 Posts
It's hard to understand exactly what is happening from your description. I've not noticed any issues with my steering on my Corolla S. :D

· Registered
354 Posts
I let go of mine as well, mine gets 'stuck' about 5 degrees from straight. It does eventually go straight, but i give it a little nudge.
Ill do a video to explain tmw

· Registered
09 Corolla S
2,598 Posts
if you do hard accelerating your steering wheel will oversteer when it returns to the straight position. If you are accelerating too much, the steering wheel will appear to be "stuck". its not really an issue since its not really stuck. i never had an issue with my steering wheel nor any other steering wheels ive driven.

· Registered
387 Posts
i think what he's trying to say is that after turning and just gasing it the wheel goes back to straight on most vehicles, but on the corolla it goes to a 5 degree turn and doesnt go back all the way. I've noticed this too. It's annoying on the highway.

· Megan Exhaust
507 Posts
i think what he's trying to say is that after turning and just gasing it the wheel goes back to straight on most vehicles, but on the corolla it goes to a 5 degree turn and doesnt go back all the way. I've noticed this too. It's annoying on the highway.
+1

Whenever im doing turns from like stop signs it always happens. Its just the eps man Your just used to the old ps.

· Registered
2010 Corolla S
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i went to toyota service and they performed a test drive and its "normal" im just not used to the eps...it annoys the crap out of me but it will do..

thank you all for your feedback and the video

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.