Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
nice doorhandles
97 camry
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Camry, 5sfe, auto tran. I just replaced the head gasket, timing belt, water pump, thermo, and the radiator, at 173,500miles. Oh yeah and 5 dif door handles inside and out (grrr). I now have a new problem, if I am accelerating while turning the wheel to the left, normally you can just let go of the steering wheel and it straightens itself out, right? Well, this sucker is sticking when I let it go. I'm wondering if anyone has any clues what is causing this problem, and/or what I need to do to correct this problem. I have already checked the power steering belt and it is not too loose or too tight, and that is the only thing that I personally can think of to check. Thanks for your help that you're about to give to me. ........ . ... ..... .... .. ... ... .. .

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Make any weird noises?

Could be your clock spring.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Only thing that Ive seen cause that is a way outta whack alignment, I mean way outta whack. Usually after a rack change etc. Might wanna have a friend adjust the tie rod ends while you eyeball the toe in/out of the tire. If it works take it for a professional alignment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts