Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Official PITA
'05 Solara 'Vert & '07 ES350
1,125 Posts
Gentlemen - What you are observing here (IMNSHO) is a rehash of
all the [email protected] we see on the News online and on CNN, FOX, NBC, WAPO, etc., etc., etc.
Cancel Culture and Twitter Rage = "You're not allowed to have an opinion that differs from mine.", followed by some personal insults.
You're presumably Adults, and can do better than this.
BTW, if you want to flame me for this post, please let me know, so I can have some marshmallows handy for toasting over the fire.
/30

Reactions: Craig3277

·
2014 Highlander LE
8,001 Posts
No need for person attacks folks. I dont want to delete the previous posts, but maybe I will edit them.

I like to keep a no censorship policy of my own as much as possible without crossing the forum rules.

There was a suggestion of some solution or another, and whether you complain to Toyota or not is your choice. Enough complaints and maybe they will stop increasing toxin use. Likely not.

Being offended for a suggestion and someone's opinion is not something I would recommend, and sending attacks at the person for it is no solution to your issue.
This is how we can get good information canceled out. Just because someone doesn't like it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, rude much?
Only as necessary. My behavior is not the topic of the discussion. Please refer back to the original post.

Contact dermatitis is caused by exposure to certain chemicals and solutions used in modern products. Not everyone reacts the same. People come to this post in order to address a topic of common interest and seek a solution, not be ridiculed. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No need for person attacks folks. I dont want to delete the previous posts, but maybe I will edit them.

I like to keep a no censorship policy of my own as much as possible without crossing the forum rules.

There was a suggestion of some solution or another, and whether you complain to Toyota or not is your choice. Enough complaints and maybe they will stop increasing toxin use. Likely not.

Being offended for a suggestion and someone's opinion is not something I would recommend, and sending attacks at the person for it is no solution to your issue.
This is how we can get good information canceled out. Just because someone doesn't like it.
Good information can be shared without mocking another. Perhaps poster #18 was trying to be funny? Not funny.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If leather is an issue for some. Remember that the base LE is the only one without a leather steering wheel. Then you don't need a steering wheel cover.

Reactions: 2017Highlander

·
Limited
1,928 Posts
Okay, so it apparently is rocket science.

Contact = touch

Don't keep touching it and then complain about what happens after you touch it.

Wear gloves.

Get a steering wheel cover.

And now, trade down to get an LE trim, or a Dodge.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Here's greater advice: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.. Moderators, please do something about this person so we can get back to helping each other with our Highlanders. By the way, I started this post some 4 years ago and my steering wheel cover solved my problem. The reason I started this post is my previous 3 Toyota's had leather steering wheels and I never had any issue, so I thought it would be interesting to see if perhaps other people ran into the same problem.

·
Limited
1,928 Posts
I was nice.

I don't like your advice, but I'm not going to whine about it. See how that works? It's easy. Try it sometime.

Now if you want to be real "helpful", post up a link to the wheel cover that fixed your issue.

Enjoy your Taco Tuesday, and the 5th of May tomorrow. I'm ordering pizza.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know some people are allergic to latex, they just don't use latex condoms or gloves. If some people are allergic to Leather, its important to know what trim levels to look at to avoid leather.
The XLE is full of it. I don't care for leather seating, so I choose the LE+. The leather on my steering wheel and shift knob was ok with me. The 2020 XLE Highlander has softex seating now.

Reactions: 2017Highlander

·
2014 Highlander LE
8,001 Posts
Here's greater advice: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.. Moderators, please do something about this person so we can get back to helping each other with our Highlanders. By the way, I started this post some 4 years ago and my steering wheel cover solved my problem. The reason I started this post is my previous 3 Toyota's had leather steering wheels and I never had any issue, so I thought it would be interesting to see if perhaps other people ran into the same problem.
I did do something, I deleted the content that was personal. When comments are not personal attacks, you can simply ignore such a comment and not be offended, as you can be offended. This seams to be well ignored by everyone else who is offering suggestions, a couple with the same one he posted.

It was some years ago I had crossed this path. Today, I appreciate a honest perspective, that reminds me that there are harder issues in life, with harder solutions if any. Please consider that we have different perspectives and different ways of dealing with one another. Just because someone is not reciprocating to ones needs does not make the other bad or what have you. People have different approaches, and we need to be accepting of this, not try and twist such perspectives to be uniformly washed the same. Often this is what helps bring new perspectives. Well, I hope I handled this well.

Reactions: Brett19
21 - 32 of 32 Posts