Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the 2011 XLE yesterday, like inside & outside overall. However, the new electronic power steering is too loose. I made a sharp turn (in high speed) and go straigh, the steering wheel go over, and the car shake a little. It is a little dangerous. I wonder if the dealer service dept can adjust the steering wheel to make a a little firmer (heavier).

·
Registered
578 Posts
I just got the 2011 XLE yesterday, like inside & outside overall. However, the new electronic power steering is too loose. I made a sharp turn (in high speed) and go straigh, the steering wheel go over, and the car shake a little. It is a little dangerous. I wonder if the dealer service dept can adjust the steering wheel to make a a little firmer (heavier).

*reminder* you drive a minivan. :eek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep. It took a little adjusting in my driving on twisty roads moving out of a Corolla XRS. Expectations need to adjust; I'm doing fine on the twisties now.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke to the service dept at Toyota dealership. They said there is nothing they can do to adjust the steering wheel. They can reset the computer system to see if it help. I think I just need to get use to it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
go test drive an SE and you'll feel a noticeable (firmer) difference in the steering feel on the turns;)

This is one of the reasons why I like the SE over the XLE.

·
Registered
2011 Sienna LE
16 Posts
After driving my new sienna for 2 weeks, my 2001 accord steering wheel feels so tight. left me wondering if something is wrong with it... ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wonder if all the new electronic steering wheel from whatever auto maker has this light or "boaty" feeling compare to the traditional hydraulic steering wheel. I know the electronic steering wheel is newer technology, but not sure if it is good or not.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After a couple of driving, and the mileage is now about 3000km, the steering wheel is much firmer than when I first picked up the van. Both of my wife and me notice it. It is not as floaty feeling as in the past, especially in the slow speed. We both happy with the steering now.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Very intresting. Our XLE still has floaty steering. 4500 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts