Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
jpspartan09
08 Tacoma
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around for the chrome toyota emblem that goes in the middle of the steering wheel (since mine is the base prerunner - no sr5). I called two different dealers and one told me they'd have to order a new airbag system for an sr5 to be able to get the horn pad with it on there, the other told me he'd have to order another horn pad... is there anywhere i can get JUST the chrome emblem??? please and thank you

·
Registered
2009 TM DblCb Tacoma
94 Posts
I've been looking around for the chrome toyota emblem that goes in the middle of the steering wheel (since mine is the base prerunner - no sr5). I called two different dealers and one told me they'd have to order a new airbag system for an sr5 to be able to get the horn pad with it on there, the other told me he'd have to order another horn pad... is there anywhere i can get JUST the chrome emblem??? please and thank you
A bunch of people seem to be painting their interiors black, and a few blacked out their chrome emblems...

Maybe offer to trade with someone who wants to do such a mod (in the buy/sell thread)?

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
check a wrecking yard... if the airbags diploid then maybe you'll be able to pop off the chrome emblem easier.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
check a wrecking yard... if the airbags diploid then maybe you'll be able to pop off the chrome emblem easier.

Nathan
ycart1201
+1

·
Griff
914 Posts
i'm one of those guys doing the black interior jobs. i painted my chrome emblem black, but i had to paint it while it was on the horn pad. i had to tape off the outer oval, then paint the emblem and the inner parts of the emblem. i examined it, as far as i can tell that baby won't come off without breaking it.

as far as i know, the horn pad is the airbag system. i don't think you can purchase them seperately. just to let you know... the airbag system is $1000 or more. not worth it for just an emblem. if i was you, find another guy doing the black interior and trade. it's definitely your best bet. you'd probably only have to pay for shipping it.

·
'Coma Nut
1,210 Posts
You had me worried for a moment! Upon reading your subject line - this came to mind...:bleh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts