Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 1995 V6 camry (milage: 165K). My steering wheel vibrates at around 65MPH and the car fades to the right even when the steering wheel is pointed straight. Should I do a wheel alignment? Also, when passing over bumps I hear squishy sounds from my front wheels. I think it comes from my suspension parts, but I am not sure :confused: . I think maybe the front struts are bad. Any suggestions and recommendations on what I should do/replace/fix? Thanks!

·
Fooly Sik RE!!!
318 Posts
you should def do a wheel alignment. the squishy sounds might be coming from the rubber bushes, which could be worn. get them checked out... you might wanna replace them with some urethane ones

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
First and foremost, you need to the following this order:
1. Get your suspension checked
2. tire Balancing (might as well do a tire rotation if its not been done).
3. Wheel alignment....

Sometimes, despite having a good suspension and no prob's in the balancing and alignment, your car might tend to drift left/right when the steering wheel is straight...if such a scenario...your radials are causing it.....(i' know...am there done that!). All you can do is wear them out, i got a new wheel (road hazard) and the others got 30K miles...So its uneven tread pattern on the right and lefts'.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You should check your front upper mounts. The camry's are notorious for bad mounts. This happened in my '99 with only 60k miles, alignment new tires, still vibrated. It turned out the be bad mounts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts