Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pimpin the Lesbo Blue Cam
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be putting an aftermarket steering wheel on my camry, i realize i'll be losing my air bag, is that illegal?

NooB

·
Dealer Tech..not Toyota
540 Posts
ask a cop

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
yes.

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
depends on regulations, I have mine out now....perfectly legal in NYS so long as A your vehicle is older than 95, and B your inspection guy isn't too sharp on the draw

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you modify that, assuming that it is legal, modifying safety equipment means you HAVE to tell your insurance company. They will jack up your rate accordingly. They won't let you get the discount for an airbag if you don't have one.

I actually like the look of a stock Toyota interior. Just don't mess with it and you're good. Just clean it up and make it look nice.

GL,
GT6

·
No Fat Bitches
2,044 Posts
Knailgun said:
depends on regulations, I have mine out now....perfectly legal in NYS so long as A your vehicle is older than 95, and B your inspection guy isn't too sharp on the draw
Is that for the whole NYS? I heard it was illegal not to have an airbag in nyc which was why I opted to install a steering wheel a 2003 celica.

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,114 Posts
PtBaller said:
Is that for the whole NYS? I heard it was illegal not to have an airbag in nyc which was why I opted to install a steering wheel a 2003 celica.
Do you have any pics of this? Also, how hard was it to do? I am redoing my interior in black, and don't really know what to do about the steering wheel

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
how hard is it to put a sparco or momo on? my air bag lights on.. so it really doesnt matter... and its fl.. no emmision checking and shit like that.

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
pulling the oem one is the hardest bit. aftermarket ones screw on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts