Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, iv'e been a member here but its been a while since i had the paseo out. I recently had a new engine put in, its from cali and the shop said it was shipped in from cali...not sure on the reality there but its a new engine with 35k miles on it so im ok with it..When i got the car back it still had a few minor things wrong with it so ive been fixing those. The current problem is my steering. I have power steering but it drives real weird, i feel like im floating down the road, swaying even. Im not to worried about fixing it or anything, I figure i can just remove it and that would give me a realistic feel of the steering and tighten it.
Is the removal hard?
What supplies do i need(a.k.a. new belts or whatever)?
Is this bad on your car?
plz help, thanx

·
Registered
94 Paseo
7 Posts
If your rack is PS, then removing the PS fluid will damage it.

If you just had an engine put in, and its driving funny after that, I'd look at the suspension to make sure its all tightened back up properly. Did it drive like this before?

·
Registered
EL44 Paseo
75 Posts
sancho_153 said:
hey guys, iv'e been a member here but its been a while since i had the paseo out. I recently had a new engine put in, its from cali and the shop said it was shipped in from cali...not sure on the reality there but its a new engine with 35k miles on it so im ok with it..When i got the car back it still had a few minor things wrong with it so ive been fixing those. The current problem is my steering. I have power steering but it drives real weird, i feel like im floating down the road, swaying even. Im not to worried about fixing it or anything, I figure i can just remove it and that would give me a realistic feel of the steering and tighten it.
Is the removal hard?
What supplies do i need(a.k.a. new belts or whatever)?
Is this bad on your car?
plz help, thanx
PS issues - you'll need a non power assisted rack as well after removing all other components and plugging up all the lines. otherwise, eventually the rack will break due to the fluid it needs to have recirculated.

Steering issues - you may want to have your alignment checked out as well, and check your tires/pressure, as well as the suspension pieces to be sure everything's properly tightened

1 - 4 of 4 Posts