Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
toyota camry
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup last night. this fucking sucks. now my question is what kind of headunit do you guys recommend that's around 300 and what kind of equalizer do you guys recommend around 100-150?

now this isnt my money but my step dads money cuase im not driving the car anymore he is and he wants to sell the car so he doesnt want to spend to much on audio stuff

·
Registered
toyota camry
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TakeABao said:
No alarm?

I thought you had a pretty high-profile car...
yea it has a alarm but the driver's side door thing that lets u know the door is open was messed up. so u could open that door and the alarm wouldn't go off. got it fixed today tho because the thief's know it was messed up......

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Wait for the new Pioneer's to come out.

The DEH-P880PRS will be the replacement for the 860MP. This deck will be under 450 for sure. And it has all the EQ you would need. (I don't really even use EQ)

·
Registered
toyota camry
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RningOnFumes said:
hmmm...thats hot...9800bt

but like someone else said...why not just get a cheap walmart unit if you are getting rid of the car?
idk my dad want to get a decent deck. the headunit we had before we paid like 500 for and it was really nice. alpine 9815. its old now but it was a nice ass stereo

oh by the way im selling a "alpine 11-band equalizer/sound field controller 3342" the idiots who stold the stuff left behind the eq and just took the eq controller...pics below......

·
Registered
toyota camry
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-Premier-DEH-P860MP-2004-CD-MP3-WMA-WAV-PLAYER_W0QQitemZ5855516620QQcategoryZ39752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i found this one on ebay which is the one TouringCamry recomended and it only cost around 300. what i like about it is that it has a built in eq. if i get this deck this is what imma do...

since the amp that i got for my mids is a 2 channel and not a 4 channel im going to hook up the front 2 speakers to the amp and the rear speakers the the headunit.....sound good?
now another question is if i use the built in eq will it effect all 4 speakers or just the ones that are being ran off the amp?(noob question i know)

and no i probably wont take out the rear speakers unless it sounds really good with just the fronts.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.