Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 98 camry that came with a cassette player. I want to take it out and put in the pioneer unit I took out of my 88 accord. It is a newer stereo, i have the metal tray that the stereo sits in and the wire adapter that just plugged into the honda harness.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to install this stereo or direct me to a website that might show me? Thanks for all the help guys!!!

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
the black trim piece surrounding the stereo, HVAC, cigarette lighter and ash tray is one big piece held in place by clips. Remove the cigarette lighter and ash tray. Gently pry the trim piece off. Be careful not to break it at the weak points. Work around slowly and it should come off. Once the trim is off, the stereo is simply removed by unscrewing a few screw. IT might help to pull the shifter back out of the way.

btw- you'll need a new wiring harness for the Camry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do I know which system I have, I bought the car used. Also how do I do the wiring, sorry for all the questions but wiring makes me nervious!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When removing the black section what is the easiest way to do it without breaking it? should I start at top, or bottom,left or right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts