Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

this is my first post and im pretty much a total newbie. I picked up a sony cd deck and i own a 97 corolla. I have a harness wired and ready... i basically have no clue how the hell to get the old stereo deck out so i can get this one in... any help would be greatly appreciated...

thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
i got a 93 so its the same sorta thing. first you have to take the knobs off of everything...there's the 4 for the a/c and stuff and the actual A/C button
then there'll be 4 screws (think it was 4...might only be 2) holding the plastic cover thing over the whole front console. take those out and then just pull the plastic cover straight back and it comes out pretty easy.
then there'll be 4 screws, one at each corner of the factory radio. pop those out and then disconnect the 3 groups of wires that attatch to the factory radio and just slide it out.
not too difficult...post here or IM me @ jmz250 if ya got any questions

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
93rollaracer said:
i got a 93 so its the same sorta thing. first you have to take the knobs off of everything...there's the 4 for the a/c and stuff and the actual A/C button
then there'll be 4 screws (think it was 4...might only be 2) holding the plastic cover thing over the whole front console. take those out and then just pull the plastic cover straight back and it comes out pretty easy.
then there'll be 4 screws, one at each corner of the factory radio. pop those out and then disconnect the 3 groups of wires that attatch to the factory radio and just slide it out.
not too difficult...post here or IM me @ jmz250 if ya got any questions
Ok well removing the four knobs was obviously not a big problem but i dont have A/C in the car :p: so i cant exactly see any screws anywhere.... something im missing?
starchildb4u thanks i checked the site out but it seems my year corolla is about the only guide they dont have :(

thanks guys.

·
aka TRD_roLLa on CC.com
649 Posts
there are 2 screws at the bottom corners of the center dash
and i think 2 others but i cant remember right now

once u do that... take those knobs off
then just put a lil muscle in it and rip the thing off from the bottom, shouldnt be that hard

once u do that.. there are 4 screws holding ur deck in
take that out, then put ur new deck in
*of course, u should be done wiring the deck so it could plug right in
if ur in toronto, come to a meet n someone should know
if im there, ill help u out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts