Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Corolla
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 90 DX, I have the stock high mounted stereo. I also notice that some of these (88-92) cars have the stereo mounted below the heater control. Is there any advantage when adding a aftermarket unit? Will the harness reach from the top to bottom location? What about the antenna? Thanks.

·
Vroom?
2003 Audi A4
4,408 Posts
I thought all sedans had them mounted higher and the coupes all had them mounted under the heater controls. Doubt the wiring on the coupe would reach since it was designed to reach where it is now.

·
Registered
90 Corolla
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Thanks. I was not aware that the difference was between coupes and sedans. Probably keep it where it is and when I install the new one place it there. No holes that way.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
No no, I've seen some of them with say... a radio on the top location, then a tape deck on the bottom square with a pocket under it.

Same as the AE102s, they have the radio/tape deck on top then a CD player on the bottom since people usually got them as optional.

Yeah, the coupes only use the bottom double-din location since the dash is different.

·
Registered
90 Corolla
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info and the pic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts