Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so i have a decent amount of stereo wiring knoledge, but the issue here is that the first owner had some jerry rigged system and i have no idea what he changed and what is suppose to be there. I you want i can post some pictures. So i guess what i'm asking is what are the inputs on the harness and if possible what does it look like. I have an 88 pickup regular cab, with just the two front speakers. Any other info you need just ask, or anything else that you can add feel free to. Thanks

·
Official TN Asshole
85 yota/ 99 audi s4
668 Posts
if youre installing a new system, you dont need the old harness. all you need is yellow(bat) red(access) black(ground). your front speakers , uh, i dont remember. but it should all be in the slot somewhere. take the front leads, green/purple i think, and start hooking them to possible speaker wires(existing.)

not gonna hurt anything by hooking the speaker leads to it if its wrong...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its reall weird. There was the harnes from the radio, then a second harness that that was connected to, then there is a harness that runs into the dash and engine compartment. I was kinda confused as to why the wires coming from the truck itself had a harnes attached to to. Actually thanks, yeah i wasn't completely sure if i could just hook the speaker wires up without going through the harnes.

·
Official TN Asshole
85 yota/ 99 audi s4
668 Posts
the first harness(not first from the stereo, but first from dash) is your stock one. the second is whatever they found to hook into stock to put into new head unit.

just do some testing though.
the constant hot, access hot and ground should be yellow, red, black...so thats a given.

if ya give me a day i can check for ya. and tell you what everything is.

or try a google search....chilton might have it too...but i wouldnt be surprised if it didnt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats kinda the issue, i have a wiring diagram from mitchels. Its an automotive subscription servcice, a guy i know has it. Anyways, i found that the harness that plugs into the one from the dash already has all the signals on the wires themselves. Which is also kinda weird because it has wires for Left right front and back speakers, but there are wires running from the front speaker (which i only have) and are hanging there, and not in the dash harness. So that kinda threw me. I guess i'm just going to have to mess with it and hopefully don't blow anything in the process. But before that, i need to make up a mount for the player, as everything is ripped out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts