Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that the HP is reported to be 108, from 0-60, it's 9.8 seconds (MT) and it's guessed 10.6 for 0-60 (AT).....

now.....all i want to know is, is the shifting smooth? Does the clutch shake like the Mazda 3's? Or is it just worth more my time to just get automatic given the "weakness" of the car? Cause i don't want to sit through traffic with MT if it's not good, i'd rather chill on the AT if that's the case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, sorry.....the xB

But someone said something about the auto and manuel are head to head when it gets up to speed

·
Registered
4 Posts
All of Toyota's Gearboxes seem kinda slugish to me. I've driven every model toyota that has been made in the past 7 years. They all seem kinda slugish, IMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
scion tc

ok, ok, I already know what im gonna hear...I know im gonna hear all the talk about how manuel is the shi* and all that but...this is where i have a problem!

I live in LA, i sit in traffic...alot, and i dont want to be worrying about up or down shifting all the time...

...and on the other hand I LOVE to go a little faster then the speed limit especially when other cars fly past you *wink* *wink*....so will i really lose that much speed and that much acceleration if i go from manuel to a automatic!

·
Registered
11 Posts
With this engine the optimal torque range is between perhaps 3500 and 4500 RPM. With my xA it is much more difficult keeping the engine in that torque range with auto than it would be with manual. When I wish to move out for sure with this auto I put it up to 5000RPM or higher in order to keep the RPM in the optimal torque range when the transmission upshifts. This is a problem with the computer brain driving the car instead of the driver. If my feet were good I would never select auto over manual for a small engine unless driving mostly in city traffic. But auto is great for the lazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts