Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 single cab tacoma 4x4. It has a 6 inch Fabtech suspension lift kit on it. The coild over shocks and leafs in the rear. I bought the truck after it sat in a yard for at least 2 years due to the fact it had a spun rod bearing.
The truck rides horribly ruff. It feels like im riding without any shocks. Like body on axle. If i hit a speed bump going more then 3mph it will throw you out of the seat. most people say its just because its lifted so much. There is no way this could be normal. you can jump on the front bumper and the truck doesnt move.
Are my shocks screwed or something? Did sitting for years do something to my coil overs? Ive tried messing with the air level in the shocks. It does no good. Is this how these trucks ride with this lift?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok a little correction on the lift. I was told it has 6 inches of lift. Im not sure if the body lift was added in that 6 inches of lift. But the model number on the coil overs is FTS2100.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Shocks could be frozen. Take them off and see if there's a difference. Trust me, if you drove your truck w/o shocks it wouldn't be a rough ride, she'd ride more like a boat than anything else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts