Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Camry V6 automatic with just over 60,000 miles. The transmission fluid was changed 5,000 miles ago. It is very hard to move the shifter from Park to Reverse, Neutral or any of the drive gears. When I do move it, there isn't the usual click as it is moved from one range to another - you have to look at what gear you are selecting. While in drive, it will sometimes move to neutral on its own. Any suggestions?

·
Naturally Aggravated
77 Posts
Did the problem start right after the fluid was changed? Did you change the fluid yourself, or have someone do it? Also could be in the shifter itself...:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fluid was changed at a Toyota dealership. We only noticed the change recently after the car sat idle for 2 weeks. There doesn't seem to be any problem with the actual transmission, gears are shifting at the right RPM. Just very hard to move the shifter between gears.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
i blame the shifter. maybe its somehow unlinked. i kno for the gen3's you have to keep that little spacer to ensure smoother, accurate shifting when switching knobs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts