Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i got a weird one for you just about two months ago I noticed a stiffness to my steering wheel when i would turn the wheel it wouldnt roll back to center all buttery smooth like it use to. I had to physically pull the darn thing back after making a turn. Anyway went to dealer they said it was the lower steering shaft it was binding up due to corrosion ? its a 2017 ?. Its just out of warranty with 66000 kms but I asked for a Goodwill consideration due to the fact its a 2017 and that just shouldnt happen on a car this new. Service addvisor agreed that it was most likely a factory defect and has only seen this once before on a 2018 tacoma with only 30000 kms. Well between the dealer and toyota Canada they will cover 70 percent of repair cost which I will take but will keep paperwork just in case this ends up as a recall down the road. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to a newer car like mine or is it just my shit luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the part that has gone bad is covered with a boot over it and i cant see taking that off to put lube in there who the hell would that ? . I have had 6 cars in my life so far and never had this happen. I going with a poorly made part, factory defect as far as im concerned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts