Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Toyota 4x4
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching TV the other night and and it was a show I think called Top Gear? Any way it took place in England and they bought a hilux wanting to prove how indestructable the Toyota was. they took four wheelin through some of the concrete jungle going up steps ran it along walls and then took it to the beach and tied down on the dock at low tide waiting for the high tide to come in the surf broke the lines holding the truck down and it dissapeared momonetarily. the found it brought it back on it's wheels and it would not start, but after a few hours tinkering with it they got it run RUN!!! the dropped it it ran they tried to burn it and it ran AGAIN!!!!!!! It was truley amazing I thought.

·
orange brick
1980 4x4 pickup
478 Posts
yeah, that video has been posted three or four times in the last six months or so. if you want to see it again search the off-topic forum.

did they show the whole thing, or did they stop before the high rise? http://toyotanation.com/forum/t119041.html copy paste into browser

·
Registered
80 Toyota 4x4
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no they showed the whole thing you could see it as the yota disappeared into the dark abyss

·
Registered
1,750 Posts

·
Captain Obvious
90 Posts
I've got that video downloaded from one of the links Sidney gave (I think I saw it in another post somewhere) and burned it on CD as a SVCD to show off to my friends when they ask "so what's so special about your lil truck?"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alt-Tab said:
I've got that video downloaded from one of the links Sidney gave (I think I saw it in another post somewhere) and burned it on CD as a SVCD to show off to my friends when they ask "so what's so special about your lil truck?"
EXACTLY!! My brother is a die hard FORD nut and I showed him that video and asked "Could YOUR truck go through that? My little truck probably would." (it's an 86 but not a hilux or diesel)

·
Captain Obvious
90 Posts
Last night I had a couple people gain a new respect for my lil Toy. A bunch of us went out to the coal mines outside town and some of the hills it climbed was just amazing. I'm not gonna go crash it head-on into a tree, though..... :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts