Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, no news on the new Sienna coming out. I've pinged a few dealers, etc. Nothing.

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
1,971 Posts
My guess is mid to late fall. I wouldn't be in a hurry to be the first one to buy a 2021. Unless you really need to buy a new car, it's probably better to wait a while and let Toyota get the bugs out of the design first. This isn't a simple mid-cycle refresh. Often the first few months of a new from the ground-up model can be rocky... even for a Toyota.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My guess is mid to late fall. I wouldn't be in a hurry to be the first one to buy a 2021. Unless you really need to buy a new car, it's probably better to wait a while and let Toyota get the bugs out of the design first. This isn't a simple mid-cycle refresh. Often the first few months of a new from the ground-up model can be rocky... even for a Toyota.
I agree but at some point I will need to "pull the trigger" as my current vehicle isn't doing great :). Also, I've learned, the longer you wait, the longer you wait as there are always newer and more appealing vehicles just around the corner :)

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
1,971 Posts
I agree but at some point I will need to "pull the trigger" as my current vehicle isn't doing great :). Also, I've learned, the longer you wait, the longer you wait as there are always newer and more appealing vehicles just around the corner :)
Yeah- you don't have to wait for a model year or two to pass, I just wouldn't buy one with a manufacturing date that indicates that it was one of the first to be built- I'd wait at least a month or two... just so that Toyota is able to get the bugs out of the new model. No matter how much testing a carmaker does before releasing a new model, they always make small adjustments after they start seeing the issues that develop once consumers start driving them for a while. TSBs are pretty common for new Toyota models... as the car/design age those TSBs generally decrease because they start making those changes at the factory.

My 2007 Camry Hybrid has been great- it was the first year of new generation- but I didn't buy it until the new generation was out for like six months- and the manufacturing date in the driver's door indicated that it was produced months after they started producing the new model.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unfortunately my current car is showing its age. Have had to get it towed once this year already after a pulley broke ripping the serpentine belt. I was ready to get the new Highlander but the third row seems useless. This new Sienna is checking off all the right boxes. Wonder how much longer I can wait...

·
straight cash homie
20,604 Posts
If you can't wait, first year cars will have their issues, but first year Toyotas aren't as bad as other makes. My XRS was a first year production, and the steering rack and moonroof were replaced under warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts