Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want some better sound from my car but i like the stock deck (and dont want people breaking in it again for a deck), so right now i plan on changing all the speakers out with 4 way (TS-A1680R 50 max norm front) and 5 way (TS-A6990R 80 max norm for back) pioneers and pioneer gm-6000f 480max 50 normal watt, 4 channel amp.

but my questions here is i have a 96 cam with no factory amp and i need to know how much power the stock deck puts out so that i wount over load the amp (400mV - 6.5V). also do you think i could also run a line to the front from the rca's on the amp's so i can hook up my mp3 player to it? also i plan on keeping some stock wires in do you think the stock wires to the door can handel the 50watts? also anything do you think i'm over looking and any comments you like to make?

also i'm looking for a good working cd player mine i have to clean/lube every few months and it's getting annoying.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
A. buy an alarm, a good one
B. If you have to keep cleaning your cd player, buy an aftermarket deck and save the trouble
C. factory wire will work, but you will not get peak performance from your speaks, suggest 16awg or larger.
D. Stock decks do not have preouts, you will have to tap into the speaker wire and get a converter to RCA for your amp (if you bought a deck you can simplify)
E. Why do people buy these 4-5 way speaker, you only need a 2-3 way. What the hell is in a 5 way speaker!?

·
nub
313 Posts
i suppose that you could hook up your mp3 player to the inputs of the amp if your mp3 player had RCA outs. but you'd have to have your remote wire connected to your head unit and none of the speakers not hooked up to the amp, but that'd be kinda weird

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
If you buy better cables you get better sound

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
i suppose that you could hook up your mp3 player to the inputs of the amp if your mp3 player had RCA outs. but you'd have to have your remote wire connected to your head unit and none of the speakers not hooked up to the amp, but that'd be kinda weird
You could have the remote turn-on wire tap into the harness before the plug that goes into the back of the radio. This way, you'll always have your amp working. I did that on my car, so when I have my Pioneer cleaned, the stock cassette player can be used with the amp.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
I would not suggest plugging in your MP3 into your amp.

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
As long as you've got the low pass crossover on, it won't hurt anything. That's how I hook up my iPod to my stock cassette player: a headphone splitter with rca's to the amp and a cassette adaptor.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
eddiem67 said:

Why do people buy these 4-5 way speaker, you only need a 2-3 way. What the hell is in a 5 way speaker!?

HOLY CRAP!

thank you, now im not the only one who thinks these 5 way speakers are retarded, the 4-5 speaker is usually a "super tweeter"

WTF is a SUPER tweeter? tired of seeing all these damn 5 way pioneers that make people think that they are getting great stuff just because it has 5 speakers instead of 2 or 3, which is all any respectable speaker should have!

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
HOLY CRAP!

thank you, now im not the only one who thinks these 5 way speakers are retarded, the 4-5 speaker is usually a "super tweeter"

WTF is a SUPER tweeter? tired of seeing all these damn 5 way pioneers that make people think that they are getting great stuff just because it has 5 speakers instead of 2 or 3, which is all any respectable speaker should have!
:werd: I actually listened to a 4-way 6x9..... damn treble hurt my ears. Don't understand the point of more than 1 tweeter..... but I digress...

For a descent CD player, check out Alpine, Pioneer, or Kenwood. If you want free cleanings, get one from Circuit City or Best Buy where you can take it in for cleanings every year or so.

·
Registered
99 camry le v6
148 Posts
yeah 4 and 5 way speakers just play super high frequencies that you can most likely do without. they're only there to get more money out of you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts