Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems that most hachi owners are real quick to say get an upgraded rear end, E.A. supra /ford/etc.

GTS rear ends are weak stock, but my question is, if i were to get upgraded/race application axles, ring and pinion, and 2way wouldnt that rear end be able to handle some power, torque and abuse??

thanks!!

·
Registered
1986 Corolla GT-S
197 Posts
Quick and major faberation is never go together that easily.
I know CLub4ag people did a write up for it.

It for advance people that know how to fab and weld.
most dont unless going the 200 plus engine push. The 4AG is a hard control engine that need lots of fixing

This is where your AE86 becomes a hybrid custom car and all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
specifically what different make or model rear ends would fit in an sr5 that has a 4ag and 5 speed tranny an dwhat diveshaft would i need to fit between the tranny and the particular rear end.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The single biggest problem with the 6.7" rear end is the factory crush sleeve that sets the ring and pinion preload.It wears over time and the gears get out of spec and wear/strip the teeth off.
For normal power levels in a corolla they are supposed to be ok with a solid spacer up to around 300hp according to the guys I talked with(they being one of the companies making the spacers).
There is another company maing BIG axles that must be used with their spool set-up,costs just under 1k.Too much money for me and no lsd option,I've run a welded diff before and have no intention of doing it again(kazz 2 way= very happy)

·
Registered
34 Posts
im looking at to make no more than 200hp. and im having some trouble finding a junkyard that has a rolla gts that has the rear end in it at least, here in north texas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts