Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
VIP
95 MR2
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 95 MR headlights are just terrible. I wasnt expecting the lights to be this bad. I know there are H4 conversions but how reliable are these mods and I heard of the headlight wires getting fried up...

Also, I would like to put HID but this is an expensive and hard project I suppose. It would look cool tho... I end up driving with my high beams on and other drivers dont mind. They think that those are lo beams from my car.

Which one of these would u recomend

·
Registered
131 Posts
You could just pick up a pair of sealed beam Sylvania Silverstars, they are AMAZING.

So much more light coverage than the stock headlamps, and i love the look/color. Cheap too compared to the H4 conversion + bulbs, but the H4's are a wee bit better.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
i bought it from somebody online......paid like 20 bucks for the h4 conversion.....the catz light bulbs...i bought locally...those were expensive...i paid around 175 CAD for them.....check on ebay or with ur local auto parts supplier....the ones i have are made by toucan.....cheap..but they do the job.....its the bulbs i'm more concerned with.....all the housings are pretty much the same.....

·
Registered
328 Posts
The Sylvania sealed beams are nice as well. The only thing to consider is, they are quite expensive (relatively speaking) when you need to replace them. With the H4 conversion, you just need to buy H4 bulbs, which can be cheap/expensive depending on what you buy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Short of HID, the H4 glass made by Valeo/Cibie are KILLER.

I have these on two of my cars, and have gotten them for some friends as well. They are E-code (Euro) pattern, which is a VERY hard cutoff. (You can pull up behind a minivan and see that the cutoff line is so sharp you don't even put light into the rear window.)

Less than $50 each, and you simply can't buy a better glass. And no, don't even think Hella, they aren't even in the same class.

The next thing you need is good lamps. The way to NOT fry your harness or light switch is to stay with stock wattages. About the best lamp out there is a "Xenon-enhanced" lamp. Get the 50% enhanced variety and you will be simply astonished at the light output. I think lamps are about $15 each.

Email Julie at Disortex: Julie Maki, [email protected], or call her at 800-833-3839 ext 3. Tell her "what Mitch has" and she'll know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.