Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so today I went to the bone yard and I had gotten another radio from what seemed to be a corolla le and I notice when I took the original radio it had another port on the right side of the radio that looks like you could put a auxiliary cable of some sort.

Does anyone know what that is for?

·
Weazler
94 Corolla Base
903 Posts
Okay so today I went to the bone yard and I had gotten another radio from what seemed to be a corolla le and I notice when I took the original radio it had another port on the right side of the radio that looks like you could put a auxiliary cable of some sort.

Does anyone know what that is for?
I would say post a pic.
My first thought is antenna.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I believe this was the connection for the factory CD player add on. It'd be cool if you could find one but I've never seen it in the wild.

EDIT: Multiple little pins would be a CD player/changer, single port would be the antennae.

·
1996 Toyota Corolla
10,327 Posts
Cipher got it right. But it's not only for a CD player. I believe some radios didn't have a tape player built in and had a secondary tape player in the lower part of the dash. That port would be for the "expansion" player. Unless it's that thick single metal plug, that is indeed antenna.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe this was the connection for the factory CD player add on. It'd be cool if you could find one but I've never seen it in the wild.

EDIT: Multiple little pins would be a CD player/changer, single port would be the antennae.
Yeah its the multiple pins one, its funny when I bought my car the previous owner had a CD changer in it but it was after market. But the changer didnt have the magazine in it so I got rid of it. Not the car the cd changer lol!

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Corolla
2,206 Posts
The DIN port?

If so, that port is for the remote decks (single/3CD decks, CD changer or tape deck). Let me know if you want the model numbers for each.

A picture from the '96 catalog of the master and auxiliary decks. The 3CD deck was new for '95.

The changer that can plug into the port.

The 3CD deck and radio all hooked up.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The DIN port?

If so, that port is for the remote decks (single/3CD decks, CD changer or tape deck). Let me know if you want the model numbers for each.

A picture from the '96 catalog of the master and auxiliary decks. The 3CD deck was new for '95.

The changer that can plug into the port.

The 3CD deck and radio all hooked up.

Hope this helps.

Hey thanks, could I get rhe the part numbers to the cd player I went back to the junkyard today saw a 8th gen with a cd player but the plug was very different to.mine. would getting a 8th gen radio be a direct swap?

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Corolla
2,206 Posts
Hey thanks, could I get rhe the part numbers to the cd player I went back to the junkyard today saw a 8th gen with a cd player but the plug was very different to.mine. would getting a 8th gen radio be a direct swap?
Yes, the 8th gen. radio does fit according to this thread. Be sure to check though.

The remote single CD deck is 34210 (Toyota number on front). The 3CD deck revisions are L4200, L4201 and L4202. Let me know if you want the official part numbers nobody uses.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just pulled a radio/cassette deck out that had a big black cable that went down to the lower cd player that had a 3 disc holder. all Toyota.

switched em out to a aftermarket am/fm cd/Bluetooth deck in the stock location

I took them out last month because previous owner told me that they did not work that only the fm did. I did not have any casettes to try it, did not try the cd player, could not see how to power it up, its power feed is from the main radio, so if it was a fuse issue, it was iternal. also as I was already committed to setting up a blue tooth stereo and I wanted that lower storage space back
but the port in the upper picture looks like what mine had/has
now it sits on the shelf of spares

also, mine was opposite of picture above, mine the cd player was lower and the fm cassette up high

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.