Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few times mudding and going offroading, my rear shocks are impossibly sqeaky and after about 8 pressure washes and several wd-40 shots up the housings, nothing. How much different are the Bilstein shocks compared to the standard ones? Just looking to soften the rear up a bit ( I know it wouldnt be much) but Im just looking for a cheap upgrade in the rear until I can afford Deavers. Would it be worth it to pick up a set on the boards and swap them out?

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
its not the shocks making noise its your leaf springs, pressure wash heavily in between the leafs, let dry then use a ton of WD40 in between each leaf, the noise should go away and dont be shy with the spray. i had the same issue and did this exact process and it worked great. Good luck :thumbsup:

edit: what are you going to do about your user name when your no longer a noob? :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just took the bed off tonight and went and pressured washed the crap out of my baby haha. Truck felt like a 350z going the 2 blocks to the pressure washer from my house hahah. I pulled it in and sprayed the frame off with the air hose and sprayed the leafs and shock housings down like crazy with the WD40. Hopefully getting all that old dirt and mud out of there plus the WD40 bath will help out. I probably always be a noob asking silly questions until hopefully one day it will be novelty username

·
Premium Member
Was a 05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,138 Posts
Since I spray chain oil on my mountain bike (not supposed to use WD40 in those conditions), I decided awhile back to try it out on the leafs instead of WD40. I found it to be less greasy, attracting a lot less dirt. It also doesn't just wash off when you wash the truck or drive in the rain. I think I've had to apply it twice in the last year.:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts