Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am trying anything and open to any suggestions here.

I have a Factory tape/radio that has a round type plug on the back for a slave CD player. I got a CD player and when I plug it in the sound from the radio is cut by at least 95%. I turn the volume all the way up and you can hardly hear the radio.

Now.....The CD player seems to function with all operations except no sound at all coming from it. Is there a switch or something in the radio head unit or the CD player itself that needs to be switched so that the 2 pieces will work together??

The radio has never had a CD player connected to it so I am wondering if a switch is the problem.

Thanx all!!

·
Registered
Highlander
1,547 Posts
You must have a pre-'97 vehicle. It doesn't seem like the CD player isn't communicating with the headunit properly, since the controls are on the CD player itself, not on the radio. If you still use the radio and tape player at normal volume, then it's definitely the CD player that isn't compatible/working with the headunit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your right.......it is a 92 Camry. I replaced the radio with an exact numbered unit about 2 mos ago.

Does anyone know how to adjust the CD player to work with the radio once they are plugged together??

·
Registered
102 Posts
sorry but those things are plug and play. No adjustments are available. try unplugginge the deck and then plug in the cd player then plu in the deck to the power (kinda like resetting)
Good luck!
David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts