Toyota Nation Forum banner

stock speakers.....

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  tyler88 
#1 ·
i have a 93 paseo, everything stock, i was wondering what i can do with the sound system...... what sizes can fit with the front and back speakers? and what sound system that the paseo can handle.... i was thinking of putting some pioneer avic-n2 on it from my old car.... :naughty:

#8 ·
Im putting a Solo baric L7 in mine with a 1200 watt Kicker amp. Not sure if the stock battery and alt. can haddle it? For highs and mids im still looking for what i can put in the paseo. Mine didn't come with rear speakers i have to cut the holes out might run some 6x8's in the back and maybe some 4" components in the doors.

#9 ·
NiTrODrinker said:
not that to big to where it shakes the whole car.... just enough to where i can enjoy the sound if im watching dvd's or going on meets and not to heavy on the pocket....
That doesn't sound too big, not big enough to need removing the rear seats. (Unless you're talking weight reduction:naughty:)

A good quality 5.25" component set in the front and some good 6.5" 2-ways in the back should cover it. And then a good sub or two. I have one 12" Viper Die-Cast sub powered by a Viper amp. It crushes my brain if I crank it up. Me-> :bash: <--My sub :ugh3:

If you're planning to go surround sound, then that's different and very heavy on the pocket.

Justin 04 - It would be easier to go with 6.5" in the back, I do believe in order to get 6X9's in the back. You have to do some modding. And if you are going to do some modding, do it in the front where it really counts.:whatwhat: Once I get my second component set installed in my kick pods, I'll show you what my front speaker system looks like.:naughty:

#12 ·
Well i just bought some KICKER DX60 6-1/2" for the back and my bro gave me some Soundstream 3 1/2 's for the doors. Im getting a little closer to getting my system up to par. I'll be ordering my Kicker kx1200.1 in a couple of days. Im trying to find a good deal on a wiring kit right now. Also what did you guys do with the back , the cars that didn't have the holes cut in the back? Also what would i have to do to get the 3 1/2 's to fit right? When i put the speakers in ill start taking pics. latez

#13 ·
In my 92 Paseo, I have...

Alpine 7840
AudioControl THREE.1
Infinity Kappa 4" components in the front doors
Infinity Kappa 6½" coaxials in the rear deck
Kicker 10" 2ohm round Solobaric
Rockford Fosgate Punch 60 powering the Infinity Kappas
Kicker DX350 powering the Solobaric

647 total watts. Stock cold weather alternator. No cap. Sears Diehard Gold battery.

I rotated the stock front speaker mounting brackets so aim them more toward the front seats instead of under the dash. The tweeters are mounted in a PVC endcap which are bolted to an empty bolt hole from the rotation. Holes were drilled in the stock speaker grill to let the highs go through.

The rear Infinity Kappas are mounted directly to the metal rear deck via some brackets made from misc scrap metal pieces. Stock Paseo speaker grills are mounted on top of the rear deck cover.

Wiring is a medley of Stinger 4 guage, Stinger distribution T's, Rockford Fosgate fuse holders, Rockford Fosgate 8 guage, and some off brand 8 guage.

#16 ·
Well the stock size for the front speakers in the door is 4 inches so I just used the stock screw holes and didn't have to do any modifying, but if you want to go to the bigger 5.25 inches you will have to drill new holes and possibly remove some material to make room for the bigger speakers.

#17 ·
I got 3 1\2' in the front with tweeters right beside the flip down visers and in the back i got 6 1\2 jbl's with tweeters on them and extra tweeter beside them ( just to make ur ears bleed) and then i got 2 10 " subs in the trunk...its enough to make the car shake *like that one guy wanted* if u want an example..i cant tell the differnce between my cell phone viberating in my pocket...or its my hole car vibrating :lol:

#18 ·
If you get 4" speakers for the front (at least for 1st gen) they fit in perfectly instead of hte facotry speakers, but if they are larger than 4" than some modding is needed to get the to fit.

My 92 Paseo:
Pioneer DEH-1000 headunit
Infinity Kappa 4" for front
Kenwood KFC-1679ie for rear deeck
No subs yet... but im getting there my budget istight for now

#19 ·
SteveOpatato said:
I got 3 1\2' in the front with tweeters right beside the flip down visers and in the back i got 6 1\2 jbl's with tweeters on them and extra tweeter beside them ( just to make ur ears bleed) and then i got 2 10 " subs in the trunk...its enough to make the car shake *like that one guy wanted* if u want an example..i cant tell the differnce between my cell phone viberating in my pocket...or its my hole car vibrating :lol:
i always think my cell phone is vibrating too but its just my speakers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.